Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Guide Pdf Term 3 Supplementary Chapter 2 Man Overboard Text Book Back Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Solutions Term 3 Supplementary Chapter 2 Man Overboard
7th English Guide Man Overboard Text Book Back Questions and Answers
Read and Understand (Text Book Page No. 130)
A. Complete the following statements.
1. Everyone on the ship started to pray because
they received a message about the formation of a storm
2. Vasantha’s imagination run wild because
She had heard her teacher’s story of the storm
3. Vasantha made a lot of noise because
a man tumbled over the railings into the wild sea
4. Vasantha could not see the rescue operation because
the lifeboat was too far for her to see
5. The captain presented a gift to Vasantha because…
of her immediate action in saving a man
B. Identify the speaker/character.
1. “Don’t worry, Madam, it’s only a warning.”
The gentleman consoled the old lady, with these words.
2. “A man fell into the sea. Please save him. ”
Vasantha shouted these words to the captain
3. “Stop ship. Drop anchor. Quick! ”
Captain ordered to the crew members.
4. “He’ll have to be given artificial respiration and kept warm.”
The doctor informed Vasantha with these words.
5. “Wake up, child.”
A sailor made sleeping Vasantha to wake up with these words.
C. Book Talk!
Read the story once again and fill in the boxes.
E. Look at the picture. Browse the internet with the help of your teacher to get information about the little brave hearts of India.
Search for similar brave hearts in your locality.
Scan the QR. Download the nomination form for National Bravery Award. Read the instructions and fill the nomination for NBA.
Little brave hearts of India:
1. Gunjan, a young girl offered herself as a hostage to save her friends. She with her classmates were abducted in a school van in Assam. She was freed by the gunmen.
2. 17 years old Reshen Fatma’s uncle poured acid on her head when she refused to marry him. She pushed him off the car bravely. She managed to escape and went to the police station.
3. 16-year-old Monika, saw her neighbour drowning, in the Alaknanda river in Uttarkhand. She jumped in and saved him. But she was drawn in the current and sadly drowned.
4. 10 years old Vishal from Gujarat carried two 7 years old boys on his shoulders when he saw them drowning. He pulled them out.
5. Rumoh Meto, risked his own life while saving a 32-year-old man. Who was stuck to a 33 kV high voltage line? Rumoh sustained injuries and bums. His brave actions saved a life.
6. Riya a 15 years old girl from Lucknow sacrificed her life to save her father, when miscreants entered her house and attacked her family, they tried to shoot her father. Riya came in the way. and took the bullet herself. She saved her father. But Riya died on the spot.
Step to Success
F. In each question below, there is a sentence in which some parts have been jumbled up. Rearrange these parts which are labelled P, Q, R, and S to produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence.
1. When he
P: did not know
Q: he was nervous and
R: heard the hue and cry at midnight
S: what to do
2. They felt safer
P: to watch the mountain
Q: of more than five miles
R: as they settled down
S: from a distance
3. If you need help
P: promptly and politely
Q: ask for attendants
R: to help our customers
S: who have instructions
4. He knew that
P: and then to save himself
Q: was to save all the lives
R: entmsted to his care
S: the duty of a captain
5. With her body
P: dragging her unwilling feet
Q: week and infirm
R: doubled with age
S: she persisted in her mission
Man Overboard Summary in English
Vasantha, a child travels in the ship named S.S. Rajula, all alone. The next day, the announcement comes that there is a storm blowing in the Indian Ocean. Vasantha is not worried like others. She runs around and plays. At that time she sees a man falling into the sea, accidentally. She informs people in the ship. The man who fell down into the sea is rescued with great difficulty. Vasantha is honoured with a lovely present by the captain of the ship.
Man Overboard Summary in Tamil
வசந்தா என்ற குழந்தை ராஜீடிலா என்ற கப்பலில் தனியாகப் பயணம் செய்கிறாள். மறுநாள் ஒரு அறிவிப்பு வருகிறது. இந்தியப் பெருங்கடலில் ஒரு புயல் உருவாகி இருப்பதாக தகவல் வருகிறது. வசந்தா மற்றவரைப் போல கவலைப்படவில்லை. கப்பலைச் சுற்றி விளையாடுகிறாள். அப்போது, ஒருவர் எதிர்பாராது கடலில் விழுந்து விடுவதைப் பார்க்கிறாள். கப்பலில் உள்ளவர்களிடம் தகவல் சொல்லுகிறாள். கடலில் விழுந்தவர், மிகுந்த சிரமத்திற்கு பிறகு, மீட்கப்படுகிறார். வசந்தாவை பாராட்டி கௌரவிக்க, கப்பல் கேப்டன் அவளுக்கு அழகிய பரிசு தரு